Ricotta Pancakes With Mocha Syrup
1 cup ricotta
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup Nature's Earthly Choice™ Nut Flour Blend
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup non-dairy milk
½ cup strong coffee
½ cup chocolate chips
2 to 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. If needed, drain the ricotta and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, vanilla, milk, and egg yolks together. Slowly combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites vigorously until frothy. Add to the batter in increments, making sure to mix well.
- Over medium heat, add ⅓ cup scoops to a greased pan. Cook each side until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- While the pancakes are cooking, warm the coffee in a small pot over low-medium heat. Add the chocolate chips, sugar, and oil until the chocolate completely melts. Stir frequently to avoid chocolate from sticking to the bottom. Drizzle the warm syrup over the pancakes.